Position & Role Summary:
This position will require working closely with both the customers and project manager. The selected applicant will prepare, edit and format documents in accordance with appropriate specifications, style, and branding. Some documents may be Sensitive but Unclassified.
Candidate may write, rewrite, edit, or proofread technical manuscripts, online content, corporate internal publications, and business development deliverables. Technical writer/editor will conduct quality control checks to ensure compliance with guidelines, specifications, and deadlines.
- Proven technical writing and editing skills
- Superior command of the English language including rules and usage
- Determine and apply appropriate levels of editorial treatment to project materials
- Working closely with Engineering to produce high quality documentation, including technical overview, installation, configuration, operation and maintenance guides, end-user manuals and computer based training systems
- Managing documentation projects proactively, by creating and communicating documentation plans and schedules, tracking and reporting documentation status, identifying and working with management and various teams to remove roadblocks and escalate issues as needed
- Prepare and assist with preparation, coordination, copyediting, and proofing of large and small proposals
- Develop or maintain templates for documents
- Write or edit marketing materials, Website copy, and internal corporate communications
- Perform miscellaneous marketing and business development activities
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Strong research skills including gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources (subject matter experts, project managers) to develop Web content, and possibly training materials and online help content
- Proven ability to create creative, unique, and relevant online content for the Web
- Superb interpersonal communication skills, particularly where technical information must be conveyed in a clear and convincing way
- Excellent technical writing skills (i.e. clear/concise writing, editing, content design).
- Excellent communication skills (i.e., written, spoken).
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
- A demonstrated technical aptitude and a thorough understanding of technical terminology
- A demonstrated ability to pick up technical subject matter quickly and to ask the questions needed to determine the relevant aspects of a technical product
- The ability to identify and communicate risks before they affect project deadlines or deliverable quality
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Experience working in small teams
Minimum Required Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Technical Writing, or Communication
- Requires both experience and either a degree or knowledge in a specialized field – for example, engineering, Information technology, Computer science.
Key Skills (Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria):
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in technical writing or editing.
- Experience with a variety of writing styles: technical, creative, and marketing.
- Knowledge of a second language helpful.
- Experience in Web design and computer graphics also helpful.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Technical Content Writer|